As a result of the Chancellor’s Budget in March, there have been a number of important changes in the world of finance.
We are pleased to announce that our series of Key Guides has undergone a quarterly review and each one contains the most up-to-date and accurate information. These specialist publications provide you with expert content on topics ranging from the taxation of investments to pensions freedom.
- The taxation of investments: we have added a section on the new personal savings allowance and updated the section on flexible pensions and rigid tax with the latest figures. There is now some information on the new Lifetime ISA.
- Pensions freedom – drawing from your pension: this Guide has been substantially amended to reflect the changes that came out of the spring Budget, such as the previous rules for drawing retirement benefits from contribution schemes. We have also updated the section on flexible pension pensions and rigid tax with the latest figures. There is now some information on the new Lifetime ISA.
- Workplace pensions and auto-enrolment: this Guide has been updated to reflect the new single-tier state pension and the new ‘pensions dashboard’. Further amendments to facts, figures and dates have been made to this Guide.
- Living abroad: We have enhanced the section on UK property to explain the council tax rules and added a section on offshore accounts.
- Investing for children: the section on the tax position of children has been updated with the latest facts, figures and dates. We have also developed the section on tax efficient investments for children, further clarifying the Help to Buy ISA rules, and updating the figures for offshore funds. Changes have been made to the section on income tax and trusts to reflect the changes to dividends, and finally we have updated the section on capital gains tax and trusts with the 8% surcharge and net gains taxation.